Thank You, Pamela
Expressive Arts Journaling
Body Centered/Art Based Visual Journaling for Personal Transformation
Do you have art supplies just waiting in the closet, for you to become inspired?
Would making art that explores feelings around personal challenges or the current political, racial and health crises in our world be helpful?
“Living with Images As Companions” supports you in processing world events as well as personal truth.
We will be making art in the privacy of our own home/office/studio while sharing with our online art community weekly. Once a week there will be a 2.5 hour, real time “sacred circle” group session where we will establish safe space to make art, share and tell our truth without trying to ‘fix’ one another.
During these challenging times this visual journal is your “psyche’s playground” without censor or judgement. Together we practice letting go of perfection, and finding ease in the necessary chaos of the creative process.
We will gather images that elicit a body sensation, both nurturing and disturbing: allowing color, image, texture and words steep in the rich soup of the journal’s pages informing one another.
My Promise to You
- During this six week period a new relationship with your sensing body will be honed.
- With daily journal tending you will be witness to this random, sometimes chaotic process.
- You will watch as your journal begins to self organize, revealing new insights.
- You will gain tools to access truth and direction in your life.
Enrollment is limited to 5-8 participants to ensure everyone’s voice is heard and create a safe container to practice vulnerability, share our journals, and benefit from the exciting cross pollination of ideas.
6 Virtual Circles – 2.5 Hours Per Week
(Time Zone indicated is Central Time)
To fully participate in group and have a satisfying experience online, it is necessary to have
- Privacy for sharing art, making sound, and movement
- Internet access
- A device larger than a phone such as a laptop, desktop or tablet.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING OUR SIX 2.5 HOUR GROUPS
- Opening: Create safe space and community with our circle
- Personal Check In Rounds
- Share visual journals and weekly fieldwork in group and subgroups
- Demonstration of new techniques & then making art together
- Explore art that emerges through the Expressive Arts of
music, movement, poetry and visual arts.
- Review fieldwork for the week
- Closing: Group Check Out Round
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE WEEK
- Daily Journal Tending (15+ minutes of working in your journal each day)
- Fieldwork lessons to complete on your own, during Journal Tending
- Videos of Techniques and Videos for Inspiration
- Group posts of your pages as they develop and posts for discussion/questions
- Downloadable PDF Files
PREP FOR THE COURSE-AFTER REGISTRATION
- You will receive your supply list upon registration.
- Gather supplies needed, prior to our start date.
- Enter the classroom prior (link provided upon registration) to the start date to access the introduction and familiarize yourself with the classroom.
- Once we begin, you will have unlimited access to all materials for the lifetime of the course platform.
INVEST IN YOURSELF
The group is closed to new participants.
Non Refundable two weeks prior to start date
Thank You, Pamela