COURSE IS FULL
Thanks! Please email Pamela to be added to the Waiting List.
Part One is open to new participants and past “Image Quest Sojourn” and “Living with Images…” participants
Part Two’s pre requisite is to have taken either “Image Quest Sojourn” or “Living with Images as Companions”
Body Centered/Art Based
Arts Visual Journaling for Personal Transformation
Pre requisite: Having taken Pamela’s “Image Quest Sojourn” or Part One of “Living with Images as Companions”
Wouldn’t it be great to have support in re establishing a daily journal tending practice while creating in community with other amazing people?
“Living with Images As Companions” supports you in processing world events as well as personal truth through art making.
This course is offered as continued support in the development of journal spreads and going deeper into the layering process.
Why 12 Weeks?
Journal tending for personal transformation depends on the ability to steep over time.
Allowing more time for your journal pages to build gives the opportunity for your spreads to self organize bringing further insight and the opportunity for charged images to integrate in a new way or become neutralized. During Part Two includes all new techniques, making personal Image Council Cards and serving as the scribe for the journal’s story.
We will be making art in the privacy of our own home/office/studio while sharing with our online art community between circles. Every two weeks there will be a 2.5 hour, real time “sacred circle” group session where we will establish safe space to make art, share and tell our truth without trying to ‘fix’ one another.
During our NEW NORMAL this visual journal is your “psyche’s playground”, a place to be without censor or judgement. Together we practice letting go of perfection and finding ease in the necessary chaos of the creative process which translates to our lives.
We will practice gathering images that elicit a body sensation, both nurturing and disturbing: allowing color, image, texture and words steep in the rich soup of the journal’s pages informing one another.
My Promise to You
- During this twelve week period a new relationship with your sensing body will be strengthened.
- With daily journal tending you will experience a random, sometimes chaotic, always engaging, process
- You will watch as your journal begins to self organize, revealing new insights.
- You will gain tools to access truth and direction in your life.
- You will forever belong to your art making tribe!
Part Two Topics Include
- What We Reveal/What We Conceal
- Past, Present and Future Images-Quantum Physics
- Childhood Wisdom; What’s in your bones?
- Crystallization; bringing order out of chaos
- You Are The Scribe For The Journal’s Story
- When the journey is the destination
Part Two Art Techniques Include
- Transfers: Acetone, Citrosolv and Oil of Wintergreen and Fat Tape Transfers
- Stencils, Tracing and Image Research
- Carving a Personal Print Block
- Creating a Personal Image Council Card Deck
- Subtraction as Technique
To fully participate in group and have a satisfying experience online, it is necessary to have
- Privacy for sharing art, making sound, and movement
- Internet access
- A device larger than a phone such as a laptop, desktop or tablet.
Enrollment is limited to 5-8 participants to ensure everyone’s voice is heard and create a safe container to
practice vulnerability, share our journals, and benefit from the exciting cross pollination of ideas.
January 14-March 25 (+pencil in April 1 for a make up day in case Pamela’s internet fails)
11am-1:30pm CST (Central Time)
Not sure what time or day our Virtual Circle will be for you? Use this handy time converter link below:
6 Virtual Circles Every Other Week – 2.5 Hours Per Week
(Over a period of 12 weeks)
INVESTMENT IN YOURSELF
December 28, 2020
at which time the group will be closed to new participants.
Non Refundable two weeks prior to start date
COURSE IS FULL
Please email Pamela to be added to the Waiting List. Thanks!
Please email Pamela for an invoice
CHECK: Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an invoice and mailing address.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING OUR SIX 2.5 HOUR GROUPS
- Opening: Create safe space and community with our circle
- Personal Check In Rounds
- Share visual journals and weekly fieldwork in group and subgroups
- Demonstration of new techniques & then making art together
- Explore art that emerges through the Expressive Arts of
music, movement, poetry and visual arts.
- Review fieldwork for the week
- Closing: Group Check Out Round
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE WEEK
- Daily Journal Tending (15+ minutes of working in your journal each day)
- Fieldwork lessons to complete on your own, during Journal Tending
- Videos of Techniques and Videos for Inspiration
- Group posts of your pages as they develop and posts for discussion/questions
- Downloadable PDF Files
PREP FOR THE COURSE-AFTER REGISTRATION
- You will receive your supply list upon registration.
- Gather supplies needed, prior to our start date.
- Enter the classroom prior (link provided upon registration) to the start date to access the introduction and familiarize yourself with the classroom.
- Once we begin, you will have unlimited access to all materials for the lifetime of the course platform